Below are some links that show the Impact ADHD has on school performance and suggestions of assistance. Teachers really should read these, of they did maybe they would have a better understanding of these students and have empathy for a student that has these difficulties. Because ADHD is a hiddent disability (you cannot see it by just looking at someone), it is often forgotten about, teachers thinks parents are “making up stories” even though professional documents say otherwise.
- Dr Thomas Brown – http://www.drthomasebrown.com/
- The ABC’s of ADHD – http://www.chrisdendy.com/abc.htm
- Executive Function problems – http://www.chrisdendy.com/executive.htm
- Australian Cleaning House on Education and Disability – http://www.adcet.edu.au/inclusive-teaching/specific-disabilities/adhd/
- Vicenza High School ADHD Classroom Accommodations – http://www.vice-hs.eu.dodea.edu/pubs/adhd.pdf
- Additude Magazine – Classroom Accommodations – http://www.additudemag.com/resource-center/school-accommodations.html
- ADHD Myths – https://www.pinterest.com/brobut/adhd-myths/
- Berkely Parents Network – http://parents.berkeley.edu/recommend/medical/add_teens.html
- Additude Magazine – http://www.additudemag.com/adhdblogs/4/
What Parents & Students Wished Teachers understood about ADHD
- Additude Magazine – A mothers advice for teachers -http://www.additudemag.com/adhdblogs/30/11528.html
The picture below show the difficulty ADHD causes a student in the classroom.
Source from Website: http://sped-371-54.wikispaces.com/Chapter+6